Holy cow! I am a quarter of a century old! I’m 25!
And thus, begins the “Valentine’s Week” as my husband calls it!
I’ve asked my students yesterday as a birthday present for them all to do their homework for today and behave well. So, we shall see if they do. Justin has a few surprises in store, and for dinner tonight, we’ll be going to Tucanos! And, I’m sure Rhys will be super adorable today for me!
So, for you to also enjoy my 25th birthday (and since I have a ton of new readers), here are 25 facts about me.
1) I’ve seen every single Tinkerbell movie they’ve made (and most fairy movies in general). I love fairies!
2) I’ve often considered calling in “sick” just so I can spend all day with my baby boy.
3) I used to own a tankini when I was a young teen, but at a wave-pool boogey boarding ride, had a little mishap and have never worn a two-piece swimsuit again.
4) I used to wear contacts, but my astigmatism is so bad in both eyes, that even weighted contacts specifically made for astigmatism don’t sit still.
5) I’m a little obsessed with Cheese! Especially old, ripened, foreign cheese! However, I don’t like pepper jack or bleu cheese.
6) I love cuddling Justin, but I absolutely cannot fall asleep that way! (He hates it)
7) I miss being a history teacher and think I enjoyed it more than I do being an English teacher.
8) I already want another baby…even though I’m not ready to want another!
9) I’ve never had a surprise party for anything.
10) I play a run through of Legend of Zelda: Windwaker just about once a year.
11) I get a little jealous when other Utah bloggers hang out without me–petty much?
12) I sing Disney songs out loud to Rhys, but when Justin gets home, I get pretty embarrassed to do it still.
13) As a kid, one of my main motives in becoming a teacher was all the gifts I’d receive on Christmas, Valentine’s Easter, Teacher Appreciation Day, and the last day of school. To be honest, by biggest load was my 1st year for Christmas when I taught at a public jr. high and had almost 200 students.
14) I want to go back to school and get a Masters/PhD in any of the following: medieval history, Welsh history, King Arthur lore, or mythology.
15) I haven’t had an actual bath for years, just showers.
16) As a teen, my best friend and I started to write a fantasy novel together.
17) Ever since I started blogging and reading other blogs, I started reading books less and less…go figure
18) I will never convert to tablets or kindles. Give me a book in my hand and I’ll be happy.
19) My dream home is an English country cottage or a Southern Victorian or plantation home.
20) I’m not like a normal teacher–I sit on desks while I teach, I converse with my students about Pokemon and anime, etc, and I dress in bright colors.
21) Justin says I get giddy about the randomest things: types of chocolate and cheese (not together), random historical facts, etc.
22) Justin also says that when I cry because I’m sad, I cry out of my left eye first.
23) I feel at peace in the woods, or just out in nature, period.
24) I’m a little obsessed with David Tennat.
25) I keep going back and forth on parenting philosophies, especially with sleeping through the night!
Since it’s my birthday, I’m also going to do a little self-promotion. So, here are 25 of my favorite posts I’ve written!