I decided to join up with Aubrey, Jacq, and Kimberly for their 5 Little Confessions series.
Since the school year has started, I’d thought I’d do a working mom series of 5 confessions.
1) I’ve taught junior high students all 3 years I’ve taught, but I really want to teach high schoolers. They choose their electives in history and English because they are interested in that subject. They are also so brilliant and deep!
2) Although I really want to teach high schoolers, I’m so glad I do teach junior high English because I know that with me as a teacher, they’ll have a really strong basis in writing, research, and comprehension when they go to high school.
3) The last two years, I spent half of my prep periods not doing prep…but instead, doing social media and catching up on my Hulu shows. I work part-time this year because I have a baby at home…prep periods are definitely for prepping now so I can come home and not worry about school!
4) I wish FERPA and other school policies would allow me to befriend my current and previous charter school students as friends on social media. I love these kids and I have a sister their age…
5) I never thought I’d want to be a working mom. The plan always was to teach until I had kids, then to be a SAHM until the youngest was in kindergarten, then go back. But, I love teaching too much! It’s such a huge part of my life. I actually wrote a post about it when I was pregnant! Click here to check it out!
And here’s sixth one for you! I didn’t want to go to school today because Rhys kept rolling over this morning and he was unbearably adorable doing so!