Welcome to the second week of A Month of Confidence!
Last week we focused on being confidence with our image and health. Click here to see my goals for last week.
Now, last week was super chaotic since the English Department has rearranged how we do our 7th grade English classes. So, I now have a new class and a new subject I had to prepare for. When stressful things happen, I tend to stress eat (or not eat). Well, I believe I didn’t, even though I didn’t really follow my food goals.
I did work out, I did smile a lot (surprisingly through all this chaos), I made healthy, hummus-filled lunches all week, didn’t have any cereal at all, did my hair and makeup, and complimented myself. I worked out 4 out of 7 days. But, we did eat out a lot. We had Subway (somewhat healthy) on Monday, Sizzler and Baskin Robbins on Wednesday (to celebrate Justin being put in a higher position at his job), and pizza on Friday. But, I didn’t feel like a pig, or feel guilty at all. I think all the curlups helped because I could feel the after-effects of the workout on my abs and waist. But, all of those nights, Justin and I were spending time together, and that is what counted. I was happy and peaceful, and confident,
This week, we are going to focus on Relationships.
Being a working mom or girlfriend can take its toll on relationships. You don’t spend as much time with your husband or children, especially if you have to bring work home like teachers.And sometimes, your schedule conflicts with your husband’s. So, with all the stress and responsibilities in life, you may start to feel that you are neglecting your relationships, or the quality is decreasing.
Instead or worrying about that, we can focus on small things to help our confidence in our relationships.
Here is my plan for the Week of Relationship Confidence:
– I will kiss my husband before he leaves for work (that means being up when he is up).
– I will only work on school/blogging stuff when Rhys is sleeping and play with him when he is up.
– I will eat dinner with son and husband at the dinner table.
– I will leave love notes for my husband in random places.
– I will steal a few extra minutes with Rhys and also let Justin get his sleep by being the only one to go take care of Rhys in the middle of the night when he cries.
I suggest that you also keep a confidence journal. I am, and each day I will have 3 lists:
2) Little Moments–I have a quote in my living room that says, “Enjoy the little things in life, for someday they will be the big things.”
3) Grateful List–small blessings
Sunday, November 16: Confidence in work and hobbies
Sunday, November 23: Confidence in house and home
Sunday, November 30: Reflection on a Month of Confidence