One of the things I’ve loved the best about blogging is the community. I have met so many good friends, many of which have become friends IRL. However, many live outside of Utah, and sadly, I may never meet them in real life. One of which is Desiree from Macke Monologues
. She was one of the first blogs I started to follow and we’ve become good friends since then. She’s given me support through my pregnancy, and I’ve loved watching her little boy, Marcus, grow up (he’s so serious, just like Rhys!), and fawn over her darling new daughter, Julia.
So, without further ado, I’ll answer the questions Desiree gave me (btw, I love answering questions!).
1. What do you hope to accomplish from blogging?
I hope to inspire women and create real, true friendships. A dream would becoming a famous blogger with thousands of followers. But, realistically, just crate a genuine community. And, a new goal is to be a good member missionary, Christian and Mormon, and share the Gospel more on the blog.
2. What have you learned since you began blogging?
I have learned a lot of HTML, some graphic design, and a lot about using social media platforms. I’ve also learned to come out of my shell a bit.
3. Provide a link to your favorite blog post.
Desiree! This is the worst!
4. Please provide a link to one blog you follow/read daily, and briefly tell why you enjoy that particular blog/blogger so much.
Well, besides Desiree’s, I also follow Bonnie from Life of Bon
. She is an English teacher and Mormon just like me, but she has such a fun style of writing. She is definitely a story-teller and quite sarcastic (which I love). She writes about teaching, her marriage, daily life, and her little baby, June. Bonnie and I actually got pregnant at the same time and had our babies about two weeks apart. We both made the decision that when we had our babies, we’d drop down from full-time teachers to part-time teachers. During that pregnancy, we became close even IRL.
5. What is something you enjoy doing just for you?
I enjoy reading. Justin doesn’t. Rhys “reads” baby board books. So, I like to read by myself sometimes. Sometimes, I’ll have Justin watch Rhys in the afternoon and I’ll go on a walk or a drive or just out on the town. Sometimes I’ll have a Pepsi or a cupcake out too.
6. Do you have a favorite quote or Bible verse? If so, please share, and explain why it’s a favorite.
7. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas has always been my favorite, the entire season. I love the feeling of Christianity, the closeness of family, the secureness and snugness and warmth of homes during this season. And, of course, the presents. (I’m allowed to be a little materialistic, aren’t I?)
8. What is one book you think should be on everyone’s “must read” list?
Honestly, I could make a whole list of books I love (my favorites are fantasy series and historic fiction), but you could read my book reviews
But, if given the choice of one book only, I’d say The Happiness Project
by Gretchen Rubin. It really made me feel less stressed and more happy while reading it and it inspired me trying to improve myself.
9. What is your go-to meal for dinner?
Casserole. I grew up in a casserole family and so I make a lot. Noodles/rice, a can of soup or chowder, chicken, frozen mixed veggies, cheese, and bread crumbs. 350* for 30-40 minutes. Done! Or, pasta. Pasta is so simple…any noodles, beef or chicken or no meat, any fresh or frozen veggies, and any (Combo) of sauces. Done!
10. What is one piece of advice you would give to fellow bloggers?
Don’t lose sight of who you are and don’t lose sight of why you began to blog. Be true to yourself and that is how you will become the most authentic and get the most friends and best community out of blogging. (I have to remind myself of this quite often.)
Thanks, Desiree for the chance to do this post!
My nominees are:
Your Questions Are:
1) What is one thing you wish you could change about your blog?
2) Where would you love to travel to and why?
3) What is your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?
4) What is your favorite topic to write about (leave a link for that topic on your blog).
5) How has blogging changed you?
6) Where do you claim your hometown and why?
7) If you could meet someone from history, who would it be?
8) Who is your blogging idol and why?
9) What or who is someone who has inspired you throughout your life?
10) Why do you blog?
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer a few questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 5-10 bloggers that you love.
4. Include questions to be answered for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
If you liked that, you'll love these!