Wow! The year is already a 1/4 of the way done!
I decided that this year, my word would be motivation, so I’m trying to keep that in mind each month.
March’s goal was to Improve My Health.
Here is how I did with my subgoals:
– Run and exercise at least 5 times a week
For the most part, I was able to exercise at least 4 times a week. And, I went running more than I have in the past year, probably! It felt so good to go running again, even though my pace has definitely slackened!
– Try new types of exercise, such as kickboxing or yoga
We actually did a free trial of Daily Burn. So, we did a lot of core workouts, some shotukan and kickboxing. It was quite fun!
– No sugar this month (I’ve done this for 3 years, I just didn’t do it last year since I was pregnant)
We did pretty good on this. We did get a pie shake on the 14th to celebrate Pie Day. Since my husband is a statistician, it is a required holiday… Then we did well until this past weekend because we were at my parents house and didn’t want to be rude and refuse the dessert they specially made since we were visiting.
– Try 1 new veggie recipe
I didn’t try a new recipe, but I did make us some old veggie recipes.
– Try 1 paleo recipe
I didn’t try a paleo recipe.
– 1 green smoothie a week
We had one smoothie, but then we got on a Greek yogurt and granola fix, so we had a ton of that instead.
However, I do have to say that a success helping to create and host the Get Fit Thursdays linkup series! I would seriously suggest you join us!
April–Learn My Camera
I got a Canon E05 T5 Rebel for Christimas. I have been typically using the default lense on automatic. But, I want to be a better photographer. I want to be able to use both lenses I have and different settings on my camera. I also want to be able to do better at editing my photos and create a big group of stock photos.
– Participate in (or even create!) a photo-a-day linkup on Instagram
– Do a fashion-post with my own photo skills
– Read all the manuals and watch all the instruction videos for my camera
– Explore picmonkey more and do the free-month trial