I love cheese-stuffed pasta! So, we typically buy tortellini, gnocchi, or ravioli. Well, this time round, I wanted something more than just cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce. I have a couple of friends who love Chef Boyardee’s canned ravioli (it’s cheap and it has meat and it’s quick and easy). But, I don’t. But it sounded yummy. So, I decided to make my own!
25 oz bag of frozen ravioli
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2-3/4 cup of peas and broccoli (mixed together)
1 cup marinara sauce
1) Boil the ravioli–make sure to add in a drop or two of oil so they won’t stick to each other. When it is boiled, drain it and set it aside in a large bowl (this step can be done at the same time as cooking the beef).
2) Brown the ground beef and sprinkle on Italian seasoning and oregano–make sure to drain of grease.
3) Once the beef is browned, add in the peas/broccoli and the marinara sauce. Stir and let it warm on low/medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Pour the meat/veggies/sauce into the large mixing bowl with the ravioli and mix together.
6) Enjoy some ravioli that is better quality and more delicious than Chef Boyardee’s canned ravioli!
If you liked that, you'll love these!