Yesterday was my blog’s 4th birthday.
I started blogging as a way to practice creative non-fiction. It was more introspective and I didn’t really expect people to read it, although I had it public from the very beginning.
I love this award and its name. It’s point is to spread sunshine throughout the blogging world. Being positive and inspiring others. To think that I have done this for someone else is wonderful. Too bad Laura has never met me in person, because I’m this way in real life, too (modest, aren’t I?)–I love smiling, laughing, and being happy.
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself that the person who nominated you asks.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. (make sure to link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know you have nominated them)
Here are Laura’s questions for me:
1. What would be your perfect day?
Sleeping in, cuddling with my husband, having a nice breakfast, teaching and all my students are begging to participate and we have awesome literary and writing discussions and activities. Then, I come home and there is still plenty of time left in the day. Justin doesn’t have to work late. We make a super elegant dinner together, (taking awesome blogger pictures of it, of course) and going down Provo Canyon for a beautiful fall drive and watch the sunset together.
2. Favorite memory growing up?
Family pizza and movie night. We’d always have pizza or Tyson’s chicken (I LOVE IT) and watch a movie together. We had a subscription to rent the DVD’s from Netflix, so half the time, it’d be popular/kid movies, half the time, Mom would have us watch more classical movies. I really liked that she did that.
The knowledge that I am capable of doing the tasks I’m supposed to do.
My husband and my future kids.
My students and wanting to see the lightbulb flash above their heads, as well as desperately wanting to see them develop a love of learning like I have.
4. If you could have one dream come true what would it be?
Move to Wales.
5. Why did you start blogging?
More as a way to get my thoughts out on paper, but in a creative way. I was really exploring the genre of creative non-fiction. Then, it became somewhat of a family newsletter/journal for my relatives. Then, it became a socializing aspect.
6. If you could live anywhere…where would it be and why?
Wales/England because I absolutely love the history there. I’m obsessed with medieval British history so much, I’ve learned a Celtic language, went there on study abroad, and wrote my Senior Thesis on it.
7. If there was only one thing on your Christmas list you could get what is it?
A hedgehog! I want a pet so badly. But I have terrible allergies to fur and hair, so hedgehogs (which are adorable) would be perfect.
8. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why?
I am a dog person. I love puppies to death, but I am terribly allergic to both fur and hair. My family bought a “hypoallergenic” dog with “hair, not fur” but when I played with him, I still ended up sneezing a lot.
9. What is your worse fear?
My worst fear is never having kids.
10. You found a bottle with a genie and you got three wishes what would they be…and no wishing for more wishes!!
An all-expense paid trip to Great Britain.
A shopping spree in a book/teacher supply store.
My novel-in-progress be finished, published, and internationally acclaimed.
1) What is the latest book you have read and what did/do you like about it?
2) What is your favorite thing to cook/make?
3) What is your food weakness?
4) What is your favorite season and why?
5) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
6) Why did you start your blog?
7) What could you continue learning about your whole life because you love it/are obsessed with it?
8) What do you like most about your husband/fiancee/boyfriend (or if you don’t have one–what is one quality he must absolutely have)?
9) What was the weirdest dream you’ve ever had (that you can remember)?
10) What three fictional characters (from books) would you love to meet?