We shop at Winco, and we love looking at the choices in the bulk section. Typically, we get some almond shavings, but we wanted a different nut this time. So, we got cashews. We then looked at each and both had the same idea–make some Chinese Cashew Chicken.
I researched about 5 different recipes and came up with my own version. This will serve 2-3.
4 chicken tenders
2 tbsp oil
1/2 red pepper
1/2 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
dash of cumin
1 tsp ginger
dash of garlic powder
1 cup cashews
Chow Mein noodles to top
1 1/2 cups of brown rice
1) Cook the brown rice.
2) Chop up the chicken, red pepper, and broccoli.
3) In small bowl, mix chopped chicken, cornstarch, cumin, garlic powder, and ginger.
4) In separate bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar.
5) Pour the oil in a pan and cook the chicken in it. Add in the red peppers, the broccoli, cashews, and the sauce mixture.
6) Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes–stir occasionally. Put the lid on and put heat on low for 5 minutes. The cashews shouldn’t be dry anymore.
7) Put this mixture on top of rice and sprinkle Chow Mein noodles on top.
Our Vlog is coming on Friday. Any last minute questions you want to ask?