After unintentionally not blogging for the first half of August, I decided to take a break for the entire month. Yes, I was still present in social media. However, I was intentionally trying to use it to grow myself. It felt nice to take a break. We were moving, I started going off my anti-depressant, and Evie started hardcore teething. So, I enjoyed just being in the present. …and sleeping. A lot of sleeping. Haha.
I’m ready to jump back into blogging. I have a lot of ideas. I mean, a ton of ideas. So many ideas that I now have the entire rest of the year planned out. But, here is a the weird thing. I missed blogging, and I’m glad to get back to it, but I’m not necessarily “excited” about it? I love blogging, but I don’t have such a huge burning passion for it? It’s weird to describe.
But, here we go!
We just finished moving into our new apartment. But, it’s been hard to upkeep. I have to get used to living in more than 700 square feet again! I’ve also been wanting to get ahead of myself in work rather than always feeling like I’m playing catch up or barely keeping my head above water.
- Keep the house clean
- Stay ahead of work and blogging
- Check off my rather large to-do list
- Stay on top of my new church calling: Primary Secretary (secretary of the children’s ministry)
- Create a stick to a budget
Discover Being Present
It was very nice being able to just be with my kids and my husband and not worry about making sure a post was ready the next day or finishing a Facebook thread. A lot of times, I didn’t even pick up my laptop the entire day!
- Enjoy time with my kids without electronics
- Enjoy time with Justin without electronics
- Make a gratitude list
- Work on my health–be intentional about working out, eating better, and lost at least 3 pounds this month
- Keep self-care away from Pepsi and treats
- Do pre-school with Rhys at least three days a week
Since I got a new calling in the children’s ministry (LDS Primary), I have a lot more religious responsibilities. I also keep putting scripture reading, especially couple scripture reading, and FHE on the wayside. No more. I want to be intentional with my religion, especially since I will be going to Time Out for Women this week and LDS General Conference starts near the end of the month.
- Give 100% to Primary and learn all the primary kids’ names and faces
- Do individual and couple scripture study
- Read religious books only this month
- Enjoy and take notes during Time Out for Women and General Conference
- Stay all three hours of church all month
- Prayer twice a day
I need to be more intentional about keeping my goals in mind and getting through my to-do lists. I’ve had a month of rest. No more excuses. No more laziness. If you have any advice on how to do this, please let me know!!