Have you ever read the book or seen the movie, The Polar Express?
I loved that book while growing up and the concept that you can hear bells rings if you still believe in Santa. I have mentioned before how much I loved Christmas last year with nieces and nephews who still believed in Santa.
So, this year, for the Morrell ornament exchange, I decided to let that influence this ornament. Also, I wanted to continue a theme of clear ornaments.
1 bag fake snow
1 bag tiny bells
2 spools of ribbon
24 clear, plastic ornaments
3) Print out the phrase, “If you believe, you’ll be able to see and hear Santa’s lost sleigh bell.”
4) Cut the strips out and carefully hole punch the end.
5) Curl the strips of paper. I just wrapped them around a pencil.
6) Now here is the tricky part. Each lid of the ornament as a wiry hook. You can actually pinch this and pull it out of the lid. Put the slip of paper in the hook, then place the hook back through the lid and lace the lid back on the ornament.
7) Cut out ribbon and tie a nice, perfect bow on the ornaments.
And there you have it. Santa’s lost sleigh bell in a pile of snow for you to hear–if you still believe!