This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Eggo Waffles. All opinions are my true feelings. #EggoWaffleBar #CollectiveBias
Justin grew up with homemade waffles. I did not–I grew up with Eggo Waffles and I loved them! We’d get all the flavors: Homestyle, Blueberry, Chocolatey Chip….you name it. I’d have them toasted for breakfast, defrosted for lunch, even frozen as a snack! Since I married Justin, I haven’t had any Eggo Waffles, deferring to his homemade ones instead. But, when I heard that the Eggo Waffles food truck (and we all know Justin and I love food trucks) is coming to the DFW area, I immediately fell back to my childhood love of Eggo Waffles!
Justin and I are going to the Eggo Waffles food truck on Saturday, May 27th from 3-6pm at the Grapevine Walmart. We are so stoked! We’ve been to waffle-based food trucks in Utah, so we are excited to see the dominating “Leggo my Eggo” Eggo Waffle food truck in action!! The Eggo Waffle Bar Truck will move a total of 200 times over 100+ days. If you are in the DFW area, the food truck will be here until the end of September, so definitely see if you can find one near you (it’ll also be heading towards the Houston, Austin, and San Antonio areas).@Eggo has a FOOD TRUCK coming to the DFW area! Come find when it'll visit you! #EggoWaffleBar #ad Click To Tweet
Getting excited about the Eggo Waffle Food Truck and seeing how they have some decadent recipes, it made me think about when I was back in college. Everyone was gaining the “freshman 15”, but I lost the “freshman 15”. I know, hate me. But, I worked hard for it–walking to all my classes, having meal replacement shakes in the morning, eating healthy lunches and dinners, and working out before work. But…I still splurged. My meal plan included the freshman cafeteria…an all-you-can-eat buffet with a waffle maker–strategically placed next to the dessert bar. So, yes, I would typically have a waffle and ice cream sundae for dessert numerous day a week.
So, when I hosted a “favorite things” party last week, I knew I had to have an Eggo Waffle Ice Cream Taco Bar in honor of the Eggo Waffle Food Truck, since it was my favorite dessert as a freshman.Yummy @Eggo Waffle Ice Cream Taco Bar recipe!!!!! Leggo my Eggo! #EggoWaffleBar #ad Click To Tweet
- 1 package Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle, 10ct
- 1 package Kellogg's® Eggo® Chocolatey Chip Waffles, 10ct
- 2 cups M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Candies
- 1 can Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- 1 48 oz tub of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 12.25 oz Smucker’s® Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 4 bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Slice up the strawberries and the bananas. Warm up the Smucker's Hot Fudge per directions on the jar.
- Place Eggo Homestyle and Chocolately Chip Waffles flat on a cookie sheet (you'll get about 8 on at a time). Put them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold Eggo Homestyle and Chocolately Chip Waffles in half. Place two small scoops of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream inside the waffle taco. Top with your favorites.
- For Banana Split Waffle Taco, place a small spoonful of strawberries and a small spoonful of bananas on top of the ice cream. Drizzle some hot fudge on top.
- For M&M's Waffle Taco, sprinkle a small spoonful of M&M's on top of the ice cream. Squirt on some whipped topping. Place a few more M&M's on top of the whipped topping.
- Remember to "Leggo my Eggo!" and chow down on delicious, customized Waffle Ice Cream Tacos!
Calories: 350 Sugar: 18.6 g
All of my guests were my mom friends. On a Friday night, they were not only excited to get away from kids for a bit and have fun and talk, but also to have a delicious dessert without kids begging for some. And, some of them definitely indulged in the Eggo Waffle Ice Cream Taco Bar. We all snarfed down our “tacos” within five minutes! Haha!
Now they can’t wait for my next “favorite things” party in a few months and to see what dessert or refreshment I come up with!
Since I was hosting the “favorite things” party for myc friends, I banished the rest of my family to our master bedroom. I knew that they were yearning for the Eggo Waffles and dessert food. I know the males in my family. They were so excited when my guest left and they were free to have the leftovers.
This Eggo Waffle bar is so easy to make. It can be for a party, like mine, or a perfect summer family dessert. No matter what age you are, it’s for all to enjoy. And, you can get every single ingredient at your local Walmart! When I went to Walmart, I was amazed at how many different varieties of Eggo Waffles there were! I got a little overwhelmed! But…Delicious News! Eggo waffles now have no artificial flavors and colors from natural sources! This includes their entire product line!