I am so excited for this weekend! Justin, Rhys, and I will be spending it with my family, watching The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Semi-Annual General Conference. General Conference is held twice a year the first weekend of April and October. There are 4 different two-hour sessions between Saturday and Sunday (including one more Saturday evening for the priesthood holders) in which the general leaders of our world-wide church give talks, or sermons, about Christ, the Gospel, and different topics of spiritual edification. It is broadcast on BYUTV, but also streamed live on lds.org. It is a wonderfully uplifting weekend in which we can hear modern-day prophets, seers, and revelators speak through the Spirit of Christ. So, I am officially inviting you to check it out and be edified!
1) Rhys climbed up a chain ladder on the playground all by himself…he is so talented, tenacious, and smart!
2) I got a new library book that I am absolutely loving: An American Bride in Kabul: A Memoir by: Phyllis Chesler.
3) I got frozen yogurt with Shannon from Shanndelier.
4) I won yet another giveaway!
1) All the scripture study that I’ve been doing and remember more often to say morning prayers.
2) Dad being willing to babysit Rhys while Justin and I went to a dinner date.
3) The naps I’ve been able to co-sleep with Rhys the past two days (since he’s been sick and needed his Momma).
4) The opportunity to spend this weekend with my family.
1) Rhys waking up in the morning with already dried throwup all over his pajamas and crib. Poor boy threw up in the middle of the night. He has been sick the past two days.
2) An old man reading a newspaper at the library near me and my SAT student loudly “Hurumphing” as we were whispering and practicing SAT skills and strategies.
Looking Forward To
1) General Conference–duh!
2) Getting Rhys back on a solid schedule once he feels better.
3) Seriously taking to heart to lose these last 10 pounds of baby weight.