I’m a day early, but I thought I’d shared this month’s What Would You Do (with pineapples) today because tomorrow will be Welsh Wednesday!
But, to start off with a story. I had needed to buy a pineapple this weekend for the What Would You Do. But, earlier that week, my sister’s fiancee randomly bought her a pineapple…it was some sort of joke. But, it was perfect timing! Of course, he stayed for dinner to reap the benefits of his gifted pineapple!
Since it’s been getting to be grill season, I was wanting some Tucanos pineapple…Man, it is to die for!!!! So, I decided to make some Tucanos inspired glazed and grilled pineapple…and what pairs better with grilled pineapple then grilled Teriyaki burgers? So, we all made a hullabaloo about dinner: dad grilled the burgers, mom and I made potato salad, I fixed up the pineapple, my sister made some Tucanos inspired Brazilian limeades, and my mom made Root Beer cupcakes for dessert! It was the perfect dinner!
[ctt title=”Enjoy some #tucanos inspired brown-sugar glazed pineapples with teriyaki burgers! @themorrelltale” tweet=”Enjoy some #tucanos inspired brown-sugar glazed pineapples with teriyaki burgers! @themorrelltale” coverup=”x8jcU”]
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- Cut and core the pineapple into sliced circles.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Dip both sides of the pineapple slices in the mixture.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and pour the rest of the brown sugar and cinnamon in. Stir until it is fully melted. Add more brown sugar and cinnamon to taste. If you like a thicker glaze, use only 2-3 tablespoons of butter. If you like a thinner glaze, add more butter to taste.
- Grill the pineapple and place the glaze on the top. Flip and do the same to the other side.
- Once it has the golden-brown look of caramelization, it is finished. Eat as a side, or as a topping on a Teriyaki burger.
Fair warning: it will be super messy! But then again, it kind of was my fault because I bought the cheapest, store-brand buns…and they were tiny compared to the pineapple and the burgers!! Oops!
But, it was absolutely delicious, and everyone loved their dinner…all of the components!
What is your favorite way to eat pineapple?