I’ve always wanted to try making homemade pot pie. My mom used to, and it was always delicious. However, I didn’t want to lean on her recipes.
So I googled. I looked at different recipes, and saw what I liked from all. Then made my own recipe. It was absolutely delicious, I will tell you that…Justin loved it and wanted more.
However, word of warning: It took about 1 1/2 hours to prepare and cook.
Crust: You will make this twice…
1 cup flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp butter
dash of sage
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of chicken broth
3/4 cup of mixed veggies
very little chopped onion
1 1/2 small potatoes
- Mix in all the ingredients
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin
- Spray a circular cake/casserole dish with Pam
- Put bottom crust in and make sure it goes up the sides a bit
- Start boiling potatoes and preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut up the thawed chicken breast and cook chicken with the onion, thyme, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- After the chicken is cooked through, drain it and put back in pan.
- Pour about 1/2 a can of broth in the pot and simmer for about 7 min.
- Pour cream of chicken, veggies, chicken and broth, in a mixing bowl.
- Cut up potatoes and add into mix.
- Pour mix into bottom crust.
- Put top crust on …close up the sides.
- Make 3 indention with a knife and baste the top with milk!
- Cook for about 30 min, or until crust is crispy and yellow/brown.
- Let it cool for about 10 min.