Justin made us homemade fish and chips with Tilapia the other day. It was an experiment, but it was tasty! The best part was the sauce! Here are the ingredients and steps according to Justin!
4 small Russett potatoes
2 tilapia fillets cut in half
2 cups of pancake mix (cornmeal to make it more tempura style)
1/3 cup Prego red sauce
1/4 cup ranch
1/2 tbsp cajun seasoning
1) Cut potatoes into wedges
2) Soak potatoes in water and wash them
3) Drain potatoes
4) Fry in oil on medium heat until golden-brown
5) Drain and season with seasoning salt
6) Cut tilapia fillets in half
7) Dunk tilapia into pancake batter
8) Fry in hot oil on medium heat until golden-brown and crispy
9) Drain on napkins and season with lemon-pepper
10) Mix ranch, prego, and cajun seasoning together
11) Serve fish and chip with the sauce on the side.
I loved this! Justin knows how much I love vinegar on fish on chips, so he immediately brought over the balsamic vinegar. I accidentally dropped some in the fry sauce and you know what? It was quite the great addition!!! Justin is very excited to try and experiment with this recipe again!!