This month was a fun one. I had many playdates, our extended family has gotten good news, I did well with my blogging goals, but I haven’t done so very well with my health related goals. I actually got injured somehow…I have no idea what happened, but I strained or tore my trapezius muscle on my right arm. That is my dominant arm. After using it, whether it be picking up Rhys, folding laundry, typing, running, whatever, it hurts. Badly. So, I kind of used that as an excuse to be lax. But, that will change for April since I am now doubly determined with my health and weight!
How I did with March goals
Learn WordPress! | I am doing very well with this! I know the basics of the dashboard!
Make sure all links and categories are organized and working on my newly designed blog. | I am still working on this. I’m about 80% done with categories. I haven’t started on links, but I have dowloaded a plugin to find broken links. I am also working on going back and adding alt text and SEO to posts and making notes of which posts to update and change images for.
Go through some blogging bootcamps.| Haven’t done this one yet, although I did go through all the “quick fix” “5 minute blog improvement” email newsletters I had saved.
Redo my Pinterest board and up my game. | I’ve barely begun. I will continue to up my Pinterest game this month and do some Pinterest bootcamps.
Lose 5 pounds | GRRR! Nope.
No added sugar (soda/sugary drinks, desserts, candy, junk food, etc.) | I did pretty good. ..until half-way through the month. Then I failed completely.
Workout at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. | I did for the first half of the month until I hurt my shoulder. But, I pushed through this last week of the month!
Family & Marriage
Create a budget and savings plan with Justin and stick to it. | Still working on this! It’s one of our biggest weaknesses in our marriage! But, we have filed taxes, so we are going to take that, and some insurance changes into account.
Plan and go on at least 1 Rhys-less date with Justin. | Haven’t done this either. Things came up.
Read with Rhys for at least 10 minutes every day. | I was about 75% successful in this!
Do couple scripture reading every day. | We were about 50% successful in this.
Continue to read scriptures every day and write down at least 1 thought every day. | I was about 75% successful in this. I did read scriptures just about every single day, but didn’t always write down my thoughts.
Journal at least once a week. | Success!
Do indexing every Sunday. | 2 out of 4 Sundays.
Put one of my teaching units formatted and finished on Teachers Pay Teachers. | Nope. I really should do this as it would be a source of passive income.
April 2016 Intentional Goals
- Up my Pinterest game–redo my boards, use a scheduling tool, and pin more and be more active in group boards.
- Get at least 2 full weeks ahead (this includes images, completed posts, and correlating social media scheduled posts.
- Participate in a linkup every week to spread the word about my blog more.
- Go through my blogging workbooks and resources I’ve accumulated.
- Lose 5 pounds! We have a family wedding coming up in June, and I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight before we think about more kids. I really need to be serious about this!
- Buy a stationary bike. Justin and I have agreed this will be a good long-term purchase for the both of us and help both of our weights. We will be using my Virtual Assisting money I’ve earned for it.
Family and Marriage
- Lessen the amount of TV Rhys and I watch.
- Play a game (video, card, or board) with Justin at least twice a week.
- Make dinner for the entire family once a week.
- Make a budget with Justin!!!
- Spend 30 minutes every day reading.
- Put a unit plan on Teachers Pay Teachers!!!!
What are you intentional goals this month?