Being intentional during the month of May totally went down the drain. Really, doing anything during the month of May went down the drain. We have been on a roller coaster with our emotional, mental, and physical health this past month. But, we are finally pulling out of the fog. I am really hoping that June has some sunshine for our life.
How I Did In May
Update SEO, images, links, and Pins for at least 5 posts per week. | This didn’t happen. I didn’t even attempt to do this.
Go through my blogging resources and ebooks I’ve accumulated. | Didn’t even touch any of them.
Redo my “hire me” page to include RunPinkRunHappy’s design I created and the one I’m working on now. | Nope. Didn’t happen.
Try out a free trial of Adobe InDesign and see if it might be worth the money for the subscription. | Haha. I did download the free month trial, but I never even opened the program.
Exercise for at least 30 minutes for at least 5 days a week. | I did pretty well on this….I didn’t achieve the goal, but I did workout at least twice a week.
Get 10,000 steps every day on Fitbit. | I didn’t even put on my Fitbit at all this month.
Lessen amount of carbs and dairy I eat (as well as treats). | I did well on this for the first two weeks of May, then all went down the drain.
Family and Marriage
Do whatever the future bride asks of me, and help my teenage sister (the maid of honor) host a bridal shower (I am “matron of honor” since I am married and a mom). | There were lots of opinions about the bridal shower, but it all came together and it was beautiful. I will have pictures of it tomorrow or Friday!
Go on a family walk with Rhys and Justin at least twice a week. | This didn’t happen. However, I did go on a hiking trail with Rhys once while Justin went to the driving range to play golf.
Make Justin either breakfast or pack him a lunch every weekday. | This didn’t happen for multiple reasons.
Read an LDS doctrinal article (General Conference or from the Church magazine, The Ensign) twice a week. | This didn’t happen, and to be honest…I sort of stalled on my independent scripture study…Rhys kept waking up earlier and earlier and I’m in Jeremiah and I really don’t like his attitude of doom and gloom and hatred.
Try to remember to do personal prayers at least three times a week. | I did really well with this! Yaay! But, only for evening prayers…not in the morning. I really got to get better at that.
Pay attention, participate, take notes during Church every week (and attend Church every week). | I wasn’t at church every week, but when I was, I tried my best, especially now that I am in a youth leader in my church (Laurels advisor)…and Justin and I both gave talks (“sermons” of a sort) one Sunday.
So, as you can see…I basically failed all of my goals. But, everyone is allowed to have a crappy month. And again, all will be revealed in the future as to why this month was crappy.
June 2016 Intentional Goals
- Post at least twice a week…I barely posted at all in May, and I’m going to ease myself back into it.
- Update SEO, images, links, and Pins for at least 5 posts per week.
- Update my “Hire Me” page.
- Get caught up on reading blogs….holy moly…you should see my Bloglovin feed!
- Get caught up on my email…again, I’ve let it slide a lot this month!
- Exercise at least three times a week.
- Make smart choices with eating.
Family and Marriage
- Enjoy my sister’s wedding in two weeks and help as much as I can with final details and setting up/taking down.
- Celebrate my mom’s birthday, my youngest sister’s birthday, and father’s day.
- Do a learning activity with Rhys every day–coloring, reading, shapes, numbers, songs, etc.
- Play a game with Justin at least once a week.
- No griping, no groaning, no moaning, no murmuring, no complaining, no whining, no backbiting, no sharpness, no fighting back, no being stubborn, no rudeness, no laziness, no feeling sorry for myself.
- Create church youth class presidency binders and train myself as a youth leader in my church.
Wish me luck!
What are your intentional goals this month?