This month was awesome! I was the happiest I’d been in a long time. I exercised the most I had in a long time. The weather was the brightest and sunniest it had been in a long time.
And, my sister got engaged and is getting married in mid-June. (She got engaged at the beginning of April and yes, Mormon engagements are fast!)
How I Did in April
Up my Pinterest game–redo my boards, use a scheduling tool, and pin more and be more active in group boards. | I redid my Pinterest boards and am now using CoSchedule to pin!
Get at least 2 full weeks ahead (this includes images, completed posts, and correlating social media scheduled posts.| It took me till the end of the month, but I did it!
Participate in a linkup every week to spread the word about my blog more. | I was about 70% successful in this.
Go through my blogging workbooks and resources I’ve accumulated. | Fail.
Lose 5 pounds! | I lost about 3 pounds, and I’m happy with that.
Buy a stationary bike. | We did! We actually got a $150 dual stationary bike/elliptical. We love it and it works. We’ve both used it many times already.
Family and Marriage
Lessen the amount of TV Rhys and I watch. | Somewhat successful. Rhys spent a lot of time outside because it’s been so warm, but we could still do without as much TV.
Play a game (video, card, or board) with Justin at least twice a week. | We did this almost every week.
Make dinner for the entire family once a week. | I made about 3 dinners for my family and helped with a few others.
Make a budget with Justin!!! | We are trying something a little different–we are planning for upcoming expenses for that week.
Spend 30 minutes every day reading. | Maybe not every day, but I did finish 5 books this month, so that counts for something!
Put a unit plan on Teachers Pay Teachers!!!! | I actually reformatted all of my lesson plans, unit plans, and teaching resources/projects I compiled while at BYU on my shop!
May 2016 Intentional Goals
- Update SEO, images, links, and Pins for at least 5 posts per week.
- Go through my blogging resources and ebooks I’ve accumulated.
- Redo my “hire me” page to include RunPinkRunHappy’s design I created and the once I’m working on now.
- Try out a free trial of Adobe InDesign and see if it might be worth the money for the subscription.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes for at least 5 days a week.
- Get 10,000 steps every day on Fitbit.
- Lessen amount of carbs and dairy I eat (as well as treats).
Family and Marriage
- Do whatever the future bride asks of me, and help my teenage sister (the maid of honor) host a bridal shower (I am “matron of honor” since I am married and a mom).
- Go on a family walk with Rhys and Justin at least twice a week.
- Make Justin either breakfast or pack him a lunch every weekday.
- Read an LDS doctrinal article (General Conference or from the Church magazine, The Ensign) twice a week.
- Try to remember to do personal prayers at least three times a week.
- Pay attention, participate, take notes during Church every week (and attend Church every week).
What are your intentional goals this month?