Secrets. Everyone has them. Sometimes, they can be absolutely harmless, like secretly loving to watch trashy shows like Bachelor (I don’t, and I know I’m going to receive a lot of hate for that one!). They can be gross like having an 11th toe (I don’t). Or they can be harmful, especially in relationships. That is one thing I absolutely loved about the book Love Me True by Dr. Jason B. Whiting–it focuses on the different ways that couples deceive each other. It could be intentional or unintentional. Whiting shows how harmful any secret or deception or withholding of truth can be. I seriously recommend reading it to any couple wishing to work on communication, transparency, and improving their relationship.
However, I don’t really want to take a serious take on today’s #LoveBlog prompt. I know the guiding questions had to do with relationships and secrets and love. But, since it’s Friday, and I want to go back to some #oldschoolblogging (and since it’s my birthday and I can do what I want), I want to do a more light-hearted post. So, here are some secrets you may not know about me!
- My ring finger on my right hand doesn’t straighten all the way–and I have absolutely no idea why!
- I’m missing a molar. I actually lost the baby tooth when it died at age 20–I have no adult replacement, so there is just a gap in my mouth. But, when I smile, you can’t see it, so I don’t want to spend the money to get an implant.
- I snuck out to see a boy right before I graduated high school. Don’t worry…we didn’t do anything! I had never done anything sneaky or super disobedient or rebellious as a child and I had it in my head that I needed to do something of the sort before I graduated, moved to college, and could do whatever I wanted. I’m not proud of it.
- I’m scared to death I won’t lose this baby weight (which is more than I was after I gave birth to Rhys!), especially since I have a family history of obesity and diabetes.
- I have seen and loved all the TinkerBell movies!
- I don’t like using Facebook or Twitter for the blog…I don’t really like using Twitter period.
- 10 Things I Hate About You and Mean Girls are my go-to indulgent shows.
- I eat my feelings.
- I actually do watch a “trashy reality” show…Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey. It has a lot of cussing, and Justin hates it…so I only watch it when he’s not at home.
- I get FOMO a lot and wonder what people actually really think of me.
- I forget to wear my wedding ring a lot–I take it off when I go to bed, take a shower, wash dishes, or use heavy chemicals. And, I am terrible at remembering to put it back on again. So, Justin teases me about “being his mistress.”
- I prefer it when Justin drives so I can either be on my phone or read.
- I thought (and wanted) Justin was going to propose to me after two months of dating.
- The last set of roommates I had, two were really good friends (I had lived with one for a year before)…but I hated the other two.
- I was scared to death to meet Justin’s family and was scared that they wouldn’t like or approve of me. Sometimes I still am, especially in this political climate. Even though it’s not brought up, we have differing opinions.
- I’m jealous of the way Justin’s sisters look…they are all so good looking, have wonderful figures and beautiful, luscious hair.
- I have no idea how to French braid. I’ve tried so many times but I’ve never been successful.
- I love it when my sisters let me play the part of being the older, wiser sister.
- I’m scared I won’t ever go back to get my graduate degree. We don’t want to get any student loans, so we are waiting to be more financially secure and we have other financial goals that are more important to us.
- This post was actually really hard to come up with “secrets” and not just “random facts.”
Meet Your #LoveBlog Hosts
Brita Long is the pink and sparkly personality behind the Christian feminist lifestyle blog, Belle Brita. While her first love will always be Paris, she lives happily with her husband Daniel Fleck in the Atlanta area.
Tayler from The Morrell Tale
Tayler is a motherhood and lifestyle blogger at The Morrell Tale. She loves raising her kids, Rhys (2.5 years old) and Evelyn (1 month old). She also writes about her time as a teacher, her Mormon religion, books she’s read, and recipes she and her husband have created.
Charlene from Enduring All Things
Charlene is a 20 something wife and fur mamma living in Ohio. She uses her blog, “Enduring All Things” to inspire young wives to keep God first and their husbands second in everything they do.
Join up with #LoveBlog! Tell us about secrets! Click To Tweet
Add a little glitz and glam to your bar cart with the fabulous line of drinking accessories by Blush. From sparkly flasks to rainbow-hued barware, these fun products will dazzle your guests (and your Instagram followers). Prefer to hydrate with water? Jazz up your healthy habits with a glitter tumbler and fun ice cubes. Blush is a sponsor of #LoveBlog2017.