Want to hear a confession? I have never seen Friends until just a few month ago!
True, I have seen clips hear and there. I have seen episodes every once in a while. I understand the premise and know the characters. But, I have never actually sat down and watch the entire series in order until just a few months ago.
Once we got Netflix, I needed something to watch, so Justin suggested Friends, after a week of only watching random episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I agreed.
And, being true to blogger form, I have to have a post about Friends!
– I am a lot like Monica. I am anal-retentive and very competitive.
– Although I like Ted from HIMYM, a lot, I don’t like Ross at all. I think he’s too whiny and, honestly, pathetic. I get really annoyed with him.
– I am so happy that Rachel and Ross are going to try to make it work at the end of the series.
– I used to feel a little bad about setting up the baby monitor after Rhys went to bed, and going five feet out our front door to our best friends’ house to watch movies or have dinner, etc. But, when I saw that Rachel did that with her daughter in Joey’s apartment, I didn’t feel as bad. I mean, seriously. Even though we live in townhomes, not apartments, our front doors are literally the same distance as Joey and Monica’s doors. And, we have double checked–the baby monitor works in their entire house!
– I didn’t get a lot of references in the show–but then again, I was born in 1990, so I was a little young for their references.
– They make adulting seem so much harder…for most of the series, most of them were between jobs and unemployed. The vast majority of my friends all have good places to live and a steady job. Or, maybe it’s just New York?
– I really like Chandler…he and Monica are my favorites. But, although everyone loves Chandler’s sarcasm and jokes, I find them a little annoying.
– I absolutely love the sibling rivalry, but closeness, between Ross and Monica.
– Pheobe’s family and past is so messed up. And, I know that she is a little cuckoo because of it. But, she is such a good, sweet-hearted person.
– Why did Monica never get curtains for her windows?
– Monica acted vastly different on her wedding day than I did. She was super excited and hyper. I was nervous as all get out! Don’t get me wrong, I was so excited to marry Justin, but we were both super nervous at the same time. I mean, our Sealer (minister) had to tell us to hold hands.
– I used to think that both Ross and Ted were just wasting away their lives in their respective sitcoms chasing after a girl who was on again off again many times. Then, I remembered that story is similar to one of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law…only a lot less years!
– I really appreciate that Ross felt it important to teach Ben about his Jewish heritage.
– Should I watch the spin-off series, Joey?