As a little kid, I never really liked Pasta Salad…olives (ew), mushrooms (ew), Italian dressing (ew), “spinach flavored” noodles (ew).
But, in the past three years or so, I’ve really come to love, love, love Italian food, including garden variety noodles and Italian dressing. I came to love numerous different pasta salads.
So, one day, I decided, I wanted to make my own pasta salad!
Ingredients (serves about 3-4)
2 chicken breasts (I used the equivalent of chicken thigh meat)
1/4 cup of cheddar
1/4 cup of mozzarella
1/2 tomato (or full tomato if all of you like tomato)
1/2 cup of mushrooms (or more if all of you like mushroom)
1/2 box of garden rotini
lettuce and spinach
1) Thaw the chicken, cut it in cubes, and cook it with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning
2) Boil the pasta
3) Cut the cheeses in cubes and the vegetables in cubes or small pieces
4) Mix the pasta, chicken, veggies, and cheese in a large mixing bowl (I kept the mushrooms and tomatoes out since Justin doesn’t like tomatoes and I don’t like mushrooms)
5) Pour in Italian dressing (to your liking..however moist/thick you want it)
6) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mix all the pasta salad
7) Refrigerate for about an hour (pasta salad is only good cold)
8) Serve on a bed of mixed greens and ENJOY!