It is the last month of the year. The last month to really focus on my mission statement for this year: Be Intentional, Have Contentment, and Bloom Where You Are Planted. Before I go over November’s goals and share this month’s goals with you, I wanted to look back over the year and see how I’ve done.
Overall, I think I have done a really good job keeping these things in mind. I didn’t set New Year’s Resolutions because I wanted to do monthly goals. I knew that would help me concentrate and keep my mission statement alive. Although there were some months that I did pretty poorly with my goals, as well as being content, intentional, and blooming where I was planted, I have to say that overall, I did a good job. This was a tough year: moving in with my parents, Justin losing a job, getting pregnant at a bad time (although we didn’t know it at the time), moving to Texas away from family, having a hard pregnancy. But, we’ve come through happy. I feel more content that I have in a long time. I have friends here in Texas and feel that I am blossoming. I also try to be intentional with my time…although sometimes that’s super hard this pregnancy. But, I want to consider this year a success with my mission statement.
Even though I didn’t set any resolutions, I did have year long goals I wanted to achieve with my blog:
How I Did in November
Blogging & Work
Earn $300 in freelancing. | No…closer to $200. But, that’s ok. Some months are going to be slower than others.
Stay caught up with blogging and free lancing. | Off and on.
Workout 3x a week for at least 20 minutes | Nope nope nope. I’ve had a lot of pain this past month…and a lot of fatigue. But, I did do a lot of walking….
NO SNACKS AFTER RHYS GOES TO BED | Nope nope nope nope nope. I suck at this.
Marriage & Family
Finish Morrell ornaments | Complete! Once my MIL sends us all our packages, I’ll share my ornament and the “How-To” on the blog…in the next week and a half!
Try 2 new recipes | Nope. But Justin did with cooking our first Thanksgiving turkey! It’s the first year in our married life that we didn’t go to family for Thanksgiving dinner.
Make a nesting list and schedule it out to prepare for Evelyn | Done, and I’ve started to check some of it off.
3x tot school a week with Rhys | No, but I did create two file folder games for him…I’ll be making a lot more and will launch a whole line after the new year on my Etsy shop!
2x a week game night with Justin | We did very well with this the second half of the month–just about every night we played either Rummikub or Mario Party.
Personal & Religious
Finish the Old Testament | Done! Now working on Preach My Gospel before I head into the New Testament. My goal is to be done by February.
Finish 4 books. | Done! Did 4.5! Here are the book reviews!
Order a 2017 planner | Done! Last year I used Passion Planner, this year I used Erin Condren, and now next year I’m going to use Plum Paper!
Blogging & Work
- Get up to 200 followers on my Etsy shop’s Instagram
- Get up to 100 favorites for my Etsy shop
- Get at least 5 bloggers to collaborate with me for my Etsy shop–sign up here if you are interested!
- Make at least $250 freelancing
- Get all of January posts ready–which includes finding guest bloggers for my “maternity leave”
- Exercise or walk at least 15 minutes straight for 3 times a week
- Don’t go over 200 pounds before having this baby!
- Have a healthy delivery
- No more Pepsi and cut down on sweets (I know that’s going to be super hard during the Christmas holiday)
Marriage & Family
- Have game night or intentional bonding time with Justin 3x a week
- Have a big date before the baby comes
- Spend at least 30 minutes of intentional electronic-free time with Rhys each day
- Finish deep scrubbing and organizing the house and setting everything up for Evelyn’s arrival
Personal and Religious
- Write in my journal every Sunday, if not more during the week
- Write at least one thought down during scripture study each day
- Teach Rhys about the Nativity story and the true meaning of Christmas
What are your goals for this month? How have you been intentional? Have you been successful in your year-long goals or resolutions?