Since I live about 40 miles away from the school I teach at, I like to leave by 6:30 AM (at the latest). For most of the school year, that whole commute is made in the dark, before the sun rises. But, at the beginning and end of the year, the sunrise over the east mountains is absolutely beautiful.
Although I absolutely hate the commute, I do like mornings (although I’d prefer a little later). When I would run in the mornings, I would love that peace and tranquility because it gave me time to think. Same with the morning commute:
|I always tell myself I want to get a picture of the sunrise I see every morning on the Wasatch Front, but never do, so I Googled one.|
– Oh dang, I forgot to put my wedding ring back on after I showered. But I’m already on the Interstate. Too late, now.
– There are a lot of cops out this morning, parked and watching our speed. Well, it’s the end of the month, so that would make sense.
– I should eventually start making my own lunches in the morning, especially since Spring classes for Justin start later than his last semester did.
– I can’t wait to move closer to the school in the summer so I don’t have this long commute anymore.
– I need to remember to take a picture of the sunrise as soon as I get into the school parking lot.
– I really hate it when summer plans change. It’s throwing me way off and causing me turmoil.
– Lexi and Banks are the coolest radio personalities! I love listening to their morning show!
– I don’t want to grade when I get to school. In fact, I don’t want to deal with my 8th graders. Can I just teach periods 1-5 and go home before I have my 8th graders?
– Speaking of 8th graders, I don’t have to worry about my 7th graders and their research essays–they’re already working on their excellent rough drafts. But the 8th graders, half the class is struggling with the outline and half still, after two weeks, haven’t finished their research!
– That sign lies–there hasn’t been any road work or delays that I have seen for the past week!
– I wonder what Justin is going to get me for Mother’s Day this year as I am actually a mom now!
– My gums are sore from the novacaine shots yesterday and the cavity fillings feel pretty smooth. But, I don’t like the soreness. But, I’m grateful for the novacaine! It’ll be weird not to get a little “shock” when I eat cold and sugary stuff any more! But, good!
In the morning, I typically don’t like to think of school, but if I’m dreading something, as I am with my 8th graders, than it pops up. But, my afternoon commutes are worse–it’s more of “this is what I have to do when I get home, these errands, this for dinner, grade these, plan this, make time for Justin and me, etc.” Although some mornings I’m still super tired, I prefer my morning commute over my afternoon commute. It also seems to go faster, which is nice.
I just can’t wait until I have a quicker commute!