Today is the last day for the FantasyCon tickets Giveaway! (Too bad the bleeding and ultrasounds I had earlier this week are causing me to be on “modified bedrest” and having me induced next weekend cuz now I can’t go…but the consolation prize is a son, so, at least I have that going for me!)
I’ve sort of blogged about never making it in the blogging world before here.
And, wish as I might, it’s still is, and will probably continue to be, the truth.
I even had a goal to get to 150 followers on Bloglovin this year…I’ve plateaued at 88 =( =( =(
Here are some more reasons why (more so on the technical side).
1) Most months I don’t have a budget. I’m poor. I can’t afford to put money in the blog most months. Also, I really don’t see why I should have to pay for followers. I mean, yes, I understand why, but I’d rather not pay for them.
2) I’m not a graphic designer. I thought I was so cool when I designed this blog a year ago. But, I’ve really gotten bored with how it looks. I don’t like it anymore. But, I’ve lost my skills I had with Adobe InDesign (which I used in high school as part of the school newspaper and literary and art magazine). I also don’t have any editing/design programs and I’m not willing to pay for them, nor am I willing to pay for the premium on picmonkey.com.
3) I don’t have a DSLR. These are all the rage. Pictures, pictures, pictures, buttons, buttons, buttons, pinterest-worthy content. I have a point and shoot. Hopefully, I’ll get a DSLR by Christmas. That is the goal. But, really, put all of these first three of these reasons together….
4) I’m not an affiliate with anyone. I’ve done a few sponsored posts…but those are sponsored in the sense that I get free samples of products in return for a review. I don’t necessarily want to become an affiliate because of nitty-gritty of it…and some want to know bank info (so they can pay the blogger), but I just don’t feel comfortable handing that info out.
5) My platform names don’t match. This is the most annoying one. I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Pinterest, Instagram, and Teachers Pay Teachers. Some of these platform names match: morrellfairytale or my name, Tayler Morrell. But, Twitter won’t do morrellfairytale. It is one character too long! How ridiculous is that! I also want to rename the blog to that, that’s our domain name. But, my email is email@example.com (It means Welsh Celt). When I started blogging, I didn’t expect to have as many followers as I do, nor did I expect to be as “professional” as I am now or on as many platforms as I am. I didn’t think about “branding” myself…I was using my personal email address. I would love to change it over to firstname.lastname@example.org, but that would mean a few things: I’d have to change that email for everything that is related to the blog (a lot of hassle), as well as keep the cymru.celt because if I don’t have it linked to the blog, then all the pictures I have won’t appear for some stupid reason that Blogger has…
So, there you have it.
Once we move and once I have my son and once I revise some of my unit plans and put it on my Teachers Pay Teachers account, I will revamp the blog big time. But, that may not happen during the summer.
What obstacles keep your blog from growing? What secrets do you have for growing your blog?