This winter, we’ve definitely become the fan of the homemade soup. We’ve made different soups in our own kitchen, and have had different soups at my parents’ house. However, they’ve all been chicken based. Justin wanted to try something a little different this time, so we decided to do Winter Stew!
1 cup small shells
4 cups veggie broth
1 small russet potato
1/2 small zucchinni
1/2 small banana squash
1/4 small onion
3 small brats (or sausage)
(you could add 1/4 of a green &/or red pepper if you so chose)
1) Boil the noodles and dice the vegetables. Slice the brats.
2) In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter and cook the brats, onions, and potatoes.
3) Once the brats are cooked through, pour the broth, veggies, brats, noodles, and herbs into a large pot.
4) Let it boil, then reduce the heat to low or simmer while stirring occasionally.
5) Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots, zucchini, and squash are soft.
6) Remove from heat, and let it cool a bit–it’ll still be piping hot!
7) Warm yourself on a cold winter day with this delicious stew!