Last year, Justin and I had a 2.5 year old boy and a 2 month old baby girl. There was no way we were going on a kid-less date for Valentine’s Day. So, we decided to stay at home and celebrate after the kids went to bed. But, they are older this year. Justin and I already have two dates planned for this month: 1) my birthday date and 2) our congregation’s adult-only Valentine’s Day party. But, we still want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with our two little special Valentine’s. So, we are going to take them on a date with us. We love having family outings and we love bringing our kids with us on “dates”. So here is a list of dates for the whole family.
20 family-friendly Valentine's Day date ideas! #loveblog2018 Click To Tweet
- Go out to eat at a NOT-fast food restaurant. Get a dessert to share.
- Use your family season pass to wherever and spend the day there (we will be going to Grapevine Mills Legoland and Aquarium).
- Go see a matinee movie that the whole family will enjoy.
- Create a picnic–have your children help choose and shop for ingredients before hand. Play a family game after eating.
- Go bowling or to a nickle-cade. This is one of our favorite family outings.
- Make your own personal pizzas (our son loves doing this) and have the kids choose a movie on Netflix or from Redbox.
- Get out your craft box and have everyone create Valentines for each other.
- Bake and decorate Valentine’s Day cookies together.
- Go get a Valentine’s Day brunch as a family and dress up.
- Or, stay in pajamas and go on a donut run!
- Have a special dessert made for after dinner and share some glasses of sparkling cider.
- Go ice skating or roller blading or to a trampoline park.
- Visit an aviary or botanical garden. Let the kids explore and take some family photos.
- Go to or host a family-friendly Valentine’s Day party or dance.
- If you only have daughters, go get mani-pedis together.
- Host a real or imaginary teaparty.
- Go to your public library’s family Valentine’s Day activity or story time.
- Do a service project together as a family.
- Go to the mall and give the kids $20 each to spend.
- Heart-attack a neighbor, friend, or family member’s house.
Join in the linkup!
I’m super excited to help cohost #LoveBlog with Belle Brita again this year! This is a daily linkup during the month of February, talking about anything and everything having to do with love. Each day has it’s own topic and anyone is welcome to join! Today’s topic is on Valentine’s Day!
Meet Your #LoveBlog Hosts
Brita from Belle Brita
Brita Long is the pink and sparkly personality behind the Christian feminist lifestyle blog, Belle Brita. While her first love will always be Paris, she lives happily with her husband Daniel Fleck in the Atlanta area.
Tayler from The Morrell Tale
Tayler Morrell is a WAHM who loves to talk. She is obsessed with reading, writing, history, Wales. She is a Utahn transplant in Texas. The Morrell Tale aspires to show the real day to day of being a mommy blogger.
Aleissa from The Blond Pond
Alessia is a lifestyle blogger, entrepreneur and post-graduate student in History from the best borough in London, up and coming Croydon. She’s a bit like Emma Woodhouse (Pemberley Digital version) and just about no longer the most eligible Catholic bachelorette, as she has found her Mr Knightley in sunny Derbyshire.
Every day is a good day when you’re wearing colorful clothing! LuLaRoe thinks that all women deserve to look and feel their best, no matter their size or age. Callie Richards embodies the LuLaRoe spirit with her stylish ensembles, larger-than-life personality, and nonstop support of all the women in her life. Join her VIP shopping group, and let Callie be your personal shopper! LuLaRoe Fashion Retailer Callie Richards is a sponsor of the 2018 Love Blog Challenge.
One lucky winner will receive a fabulous LuLaRoe outfit in the size(s) of your choice from Callie Richards, LuLaRoe Fashion Retailer . The giveaway starts today, February 8th, and ends on February 14th. US residents only. While Callie will consider your style preferences, she cannot guarantee any patterns or colors in your outfit.
Brita Long of Belle Brita will verify the winning entry before emailing the winner during the third week of February. If the winner doesn’t respond, she will start the process over again. Good luck!