Justin’s sister-in-law gave us a bunch of HUGE zucchini and banana squash from her backyard. Time was ticking and we needed to use it. We also had guests coming over, so I decided to make some beef-stuffed gourds!
I looked up a few different recipes, didn’t like any of them, so I decided to take what I liked from each of them and combine them all together.
Ingredients (guessing on measurements)
2 big banana squash or zucchini
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup marina sauce
1/2 cup of tomato, banana squash, and green pepper
1/2 cup of cheese
1 lb of beef
- Cut zucchini/squash in half long-way. Also, cut the bottom so it will be a little flat and stay still on the cookie sheet. Spoon it out until it becomes a boat.
- Put in oven at 350* for about 10-15 min (until tender-crisp)
- Cook onion and beef
- Chop up other vegetables
- Mix in egg and other vegetables and stir
- Mix in marinara sauce and garlic powder and bread crumbs
- Take zucchini/squash out of the oven
- Spoon meat mix into the boats and sprinkle cheese on top
- Put back in oven for about another 10-15 minutes
I served it with rice on the side. That was nice because what fell out of the boats could be scooped up with the rice. You can just eat the meat mixture or cut up the zucchini and eat the whole thing. Our guests, Justin Chang and Rachel Chang liked it. Justin loved it: my first 8/10!!!! My highest score on food! YAAAY!