|Dress: Wal-Mart (4 years ago, NOT MATERNITY)|
Holy crap! I only have about a month left before Rhys is due! Time has gone by so fast!
– Chocolate Milk
– Frozen Peas
– Feeling hot. It is constantly in the 90’s now, and my apartment has no AC (just ceiling fans), but I’m still so hot! Thankfully, school is over because my classroom’s AC unit was broken!
– Braxton Hicks contractions. I’ve had them 3 or 4 different times the past month.
– I’ve had a hard time getting off the floor.
-Exhaustion and having to pee.
– I feel like I’ve strained my hips. But, mom says that’s just the muscles, ligaments, tendons, etc. getting ready to stretch for the birth.
|Do I look 8 months pregnant in this outfit? I don’t think I do. But, I promise you the due date is a month and 3 days from now!|
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about my pregnancy. I’ve been very lucky compared to others in a few different ways, but sometimes I’ve been a bit jealous in others.
– I’ve only put on 25-30 pounds during this pregnancy. I can still fit into a lot of my shirts (some of which I might have to pack away as “maternity” after I give birth from stretching a bit) and I don’t look very pregnant. People can’t believe I’m 35 weeks along and say how lucky I am. They also say that from the back, I don’t look pregnant. But…then I hear stories of how my friends get free things, or to skip lines, or complete strangers help them carry things because they look pregnant (and are pregnant). No one but my husband or my family has offered anything like that to me.
– I’ve had numerous friends who have recently given birth and either there was some complication with their baby or their baby passed away. As with any mother, I felt so bad for them, cried for them. But, I also worried about Rhys–what if that were to happen as well. Then, I’d feel guilt–my doctor said I was having a “text-book” pregnancy.
– I thoroughly miss running. This is the perfect time of the year for morning or evening runs and I can’t run with this big bump!
– My visiting teachers (a pair of girls in your LDS church congregation assigned to visit you every month and become friends, etc) moved away. Typically, it’s the visiting teachers in our congregation that hosts baby showers and I haven’t met my new ones yet…which means I may not have a baby shower with my friends. =(
– I’m so thankful that Brooke from Silver Lining is willing to do my maternity pictures. But, Brooke, I’m apologizing here and now–I suck at taking pictures. I never know how to pose or what my face looks like!
– I don’t like feeling useless. Part of our teacher-work day on Friday was to help move boxes and small furniture to the gym because our classrooms are getting re-carpeted over the summer. The custodial staff was going to move the desks, bookshelves, etc. All of a sudden, we heard over the PA for our principal to go to a classroom ASAP because it was an emergency. The rest of us wondered what had happened. Well, another teacher is due in November. I don’t know all the details or the cause, but she had passed out for a bit. She was fine a few moments later and very responsive. But, after that, all the staff started to worry about me. They wouldn’t even let me lift a transparency projector! It’s less than 20 pounds and I’m very strong and in great shape, but they wouldn’t let me. I appreciate their concern since I’m giving birth in less than a month, but I hate feeling like I can’t do something and have to rely on someone else.
– Salt Lake City is hosting a FantasyCon the first weekend of July (the week before Rhys is due). I am a huge fantasy nerd! Not only do the panels look super interesting, but John Rhys-Davies (Gimli from LOTR and Mordecai from One Night With the King), Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee from LOTR), Billy Boyd (Pippin from LOTR) and about half the dwarves from The Hobbit will be there! We are getting tickets for all 3 days and praying that I don’t go into labor there!