It’s Fall! I know, I know. Technically, it’s not. But, it is September, and to me, the beginning of September = the beginning of fall. A lot has happened in August, and I’m glad for some continual routine and bettering myself. I’ve gotten the house completely set up, except for the storage closet, which we will tackle this weekend. Rhys and I have gotten into a pretty good routine of little TV, lots of playing and reading, some outdoor time, and some freelance/virtual assisting work for me…with only one day a week of having the TV be the babysitter! I’ve also gone to all three hours of church every Sunday this month, and it feel absolutely great! I can’t wait for things to just continue to improve this month!
How I Did in August
Blog two times a week. | Success! Most weeks had three posts.
Do at least two things a week to improve/edit/update different aspects of my blog. | No. I was a little thrown off by the growth of my freelance/virtual assisting clientele to focus on my own blog.
Work at least 5 hours doing Virtual Assisting. | Success for each week (I’m including freelance writing)!
Put out more inquiries and proposals for collaboration, guest posting, and sponsored opportunities. | Again, I didn’t get a good balance of my work vs. paid work, so this was a fail.
Exercise at least three days a week for at least 20 minutes. | I did pretty well at this the first half of the month. But, I did work out at least one day each week.
No soda on weekdays. | I did ok on this…There were a few weeks where I gave in once during the week, but I definitely decreased my Pepsi intake.
Increase intake of water. | I have kept a water bottle with me at all times.
Family & Marriage
Do something loving for Justin every day. | I was very successful the first half of the month, but started to lag behind the second half of the month.
Spend intentional time with Rhys every day. | I was about 75% successful in this. There were some days were I worked hard to catch up on all my responsibilities and had Rhys occupy himself, but there were other days where no electronics were on and I gave the full day to Rhys.
Find more opportunities to be a WAHM. | Success! I now have 1 very good, reliable, continual freelance article writing gig, and two virtual assisting gigs! (I just hope I don’t overdo it!)
Write in my journal at least once a week. | Success! Since Rhys has done so well in nursery, I have been able to write in my journal on Sundays during the 2nd and 3rd hour and be very detailed!
Try to keep the house clean every day. | I’d like to say about an 85% success rate! Having only a 750 square foot apartment really helps!
Blogging & Work
- Vamp up content posts.
- Network better and engage in friendships.
- Update my pages and media kit.
- Send out 3 inquiries/proposals.
- Get ahead of blogging schedule.
- Create a balanced schedule/routine for blogging and virtual assisting/freelancing so I don’t feel overwhelmed.
- No snacking after Rhys goes to bed.
- Workout 3 times a week for 20 minutes a day.
Marriage & Family
- Game night with Justin twice a week.
- Stick to meal planning schedule for dinners.
- Let Rhys have at least 30 minutes outside or in a big play area at least three times a week.
Personal & Religious
- Go to all three hours of church all month again!
- Be more intentional with personal scripture reading each day.
- Finish Rough Stone Rolling (the only book I’m working on reading this month–it’s a big one).
- Come up with and plan idea for the Morrell family Christmas ornament exchange.
What are your goals for this month? How are you going to be intentional?