I know I say this every month, but holy cow! Time is just flying by! I can’t believe that the last time I was in a classroom was 5 months ago!!! Holy cow! 4 months ago we celebrated Rhys’s first birthday! My brother is leaving for his LDS 2 year proselytizing mission in two and a half weeks! Where did the time go!?!?!
Last month’s goal was to Improve My Homemaking Skills. Here is how I did.
– Finish and mail off my ornaments for the Morrell Ornament Exchange | Completed! I love my ornaments this year. I was able to give them to my father-in-law on Saturday since he was in town for work. Now, I don’t have to pay for shipping and don’t have to worry about them getting destroyed in the mail like last year’s ornaments!
– Bake some fall treats | Yummy! I made some chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, some soup/stew, and some pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream!
– Decorate for Halloween | Done! I pulled out all my Halloween and fall and Thanksgiving decorations and used all my fall scents in the Scentsy candles!
– Redo picture wall in the living room | Didn’t do this since we are kind of in limbo as to whether or not we will be staying in this townhome come the new year. We won’t know our plan for another week or so as we are ironing out details. I didn’t want to redecorate if we are only staying for another two months…
– Make a new recipe a week | I did make 3 new recipes, but I also cooked a whole lot more this month. I also prepped a whole lot more–I made a couple of freezer casseroles and plan on making a few freezer stews and crockpots to store this week!
– Make sure the house is clean and a treat set out for when Justin gets home every weekday | I did a much better job this month of doing so, but wasn’t perfect. And, I kind of gave up on setting out treats for Justin since he wouldn’t be hungry (he’d snack or have a large lunch).
– Create at least three DIY activities for Rhys | He really only helped me to paint my ornaments and helped pour and mix a few things while I cooked, but that’s really all. But, since it is getting colder and wetter, I don’t want to really on the TV to entertain Rhys, so I’ll have to come up with some ideas!
– Actually use and update a family calendar/planner | I failed at this! We did update our bedroom calendar, but hardly looked at it. I did update my blogger calendar, but hardly used it. I am on the search for a new planner to use for the new year…which one do you like the best?
November–Write My Book (NaNoWriMo)
This month is NaNoWriMo–National Novel Writing Month. The last time I participated in this was when I was in high school. So, I really want to this year and think I will have time, especially when Rhys is sleeping. But, you know what they say–you have to read a lot to be able to write well.
– Read and finish a book two books.
– Complete NaNoWriMo