This summer was such a busy summer with a lot of technical problems, such as my laptop. So, I never got to do a recap of my July goals nor introduce my August goals.
July’s goal was to Explore My City.
– Go to the library at least twice.
We went once, but got a lot of books that Rhys really enjoyed. Even Justin got a book!
– Have a picnic twice, in different locations.
We never had any picnics.
– Visit one new place (aquarium, park, museum, local restaurant, historic site, splash pad) per week.
We did go to a few local restaurants and the splash pad, but didn’t do a lot–mainly becuase we just didn’t have the funds.
– Visit the Community building and try to get involved
This was a definite bust!
– Go to Bear Lake for the Morrell Family Reunion!!
Going to Bear Lake was the best thing this summer! It was so fun and I want to go back!
Although I didn’t really hit the goal in the ways I intended, I still feel that I achieved it. Rhys and I went running quite a bit and biking, and always took different routes. We also spent a lot of time in the park in our backyard. I also took a few de-stressing drives around the city in places I had never been before.
August’s goal was to Strengthen My Family:
– Plan a small anniversary
Check! We had my parents watch Rhys for two days while we went out to Texas Roadhouse and watched Jurassic World and slept in.
– A date a week (doesn’t have to be spending money)
This didn’t really happen. But, we did spend time together watching shows or playing games.
– Visit the temple once with Justin
Sadly, this didn’t happen. But we need to!
– Have sibling dates
I had lunch with my brother, but didn’t do anything with my sisters.
– Have deep and honest conversations with my other relatives
This didn’t really happen.
– Do learning games/adventures/activities with Rhys every day
Rhys and I have spent a lot of intentional time together. We read a lot of books, played a lot of one-on-one games. We had dance parties, explored the creek in our park, and learned a few body parts.
I kind of did really crappy with my August goals and to be honest, wasn’t the best wife. I was pretty lazy as wife and not equally yoked to my husband. I have to really be intentional and work on that.
September–Work from Home
Since I won’t be teaching after the first week of June, I still want to help earn some sort of an income–some play/date money for the family. I want to get into tutoring or small online transcription/free-lance jobs. I also want to start selling something–maybe Scentsy. I think since I will have time, also learn more about and sign up for blogging campaigns and affiliate programs.
– Find a sell-from-home job and learn all there is about it
– Find work-at-home freelancing or transcription jobs
– Join blogging campaign sites and participate in campaigns
– Join affiliate sites and learn all there is to it
– Learn more about couponing and money-saving skills
This is actually a pretty important goal as I don’t have anymore teacher income. Justin and I are a little nervous about being able to afford the rent of our townhome on just his income. So, wish us luck!
What are your goals for this month?