There is something enchanting in the air during Autumn, something that warms the soul, while at the same time, chilling the skin. It is crisp and fresh. It is mystical and beautiful. There is something that awakens the inner-child and allows your old soul to breathe in and relax.
Autumn has always been my favorite season–it’s and end and a beginning at the same time. Summer ends, but school begins. Relaxing, long, boring days end, but the Holidays begin.Warm weather dwindles as cold weather dares to show its face.
Here are some reason I love Autumn:
– The smell of Apple Spice Cider
– Pumpkins–carving them, roasting their seeds, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie
– the cool breezes
– scarves and boots
– Halloween and Thanksgiving
– the leaves
– the sunsets
– hot chocolate
– using the fireplace
– decorating the house numerous times
– the storms
– the colors: red, orange, yellow, brown
– soups and stews
– everything about October. I believe October, rather than September, is the true heart of Autumn.
– just the whole atmosphere–the very way the Earth looks
I had my students write a paragraph about why they love fall. (It was mainly for them to practice topic sentences, transitions, organization/flow, and elaborations, but I love fall and wanted to see why they did, too). Quotes from those will be on the blog next Wednesday as part of my Students Write the Darndest Things series.
Check out this lovely girl!